Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring is in the air

Well, yes it is going to be in the mid-sixties today, but I received 2000 glassine envelopes yesterday, meaning that the MOS will be stocked and stoked for the upcoming collecting season. I ordered the envelopes from U-Line, and believe me, they are the cheapest source I have found, with 1000 2.5 x 3.5 inch envelopes going for about $20.
In case you haven't seen it already, Julie and I have launched the Michigan Odonata Atlas website, and we hope that you'll check in there to follow our progress and if you are interested in helping by collecting vouchers in some of the lesser-collected places, please contact us. I do supply you with glassine envelopes. I am writing up some protocols for collecting and our "want-list" and they should be up soon on the MOA site.

With this warming trend, and the fact that we are going to be in the 60s to 70s for over a week -- and it's mid-March, I wonder when the first Anax junius will be sighted? Will we get a foot of snow in May? This is strange weather, indeed.

No comments: